Here are some ways you can help!
There are many ways to get involved and contribute your time and energy to ICAN.
|ICAN lists currently open volunteer positions on VolunteerMatch. Most of them are virtual positions, enabling volunteers to contribute from anywhere in the world.||ICAN works with internships.com to connect with students interested in learning about the cutting edge of cancer research. Opportunities are available in the areas of web based research, database maintenance, event coordination, and more.|
The time and talent of our volunteers is our most valuable asset!
Please direct any questions you may have about volunteering to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ICAN is a global volunteer network of over 1100 volunteers in 30 areas. We rely on major volunteer search engines as well as our own recruiting efforts.
Here are the areas we need support in, and please only email us if you have experience or talents in these areas.
Please contact email@example.com to get involved!
Enhancing ICAN Revenues to Support our Patient Programs
- Grant Writing
- Selling Program Advertisements for our Event Programs (Golf, Theatre, Tango, Salon Concerts, Chef Series)
- Selling Sponsorships and/or Hole Signs for our Golf Tournament
- Board Development--recruiting National Board members at $10,000 annual commitment
- Selling Raffle tickets
- Joining the leadership of our College Campaign
Expanding our Research Services teams to Support our Patient Programs and Professional Councils
- Web Research Interns (doing Google and pubmed.gov and other searches
- Excel Spreadsheet veterans, who are fluent in spreadsheets and their editing
- Team Leaders who can manage 5 to 10 volunteers who are researching cancer literature for us
- Volunteers who can email full articles of journal articles for us
- Volunteers who can research certain aspects of cancer drugs
- Citation experts who can work with our Director of Citation Review
- Medical students or retired physicians who can serve as "medical editors" in their particular areas of interest
Joining our Human Resources Leadership which helps manage hundreds of volunteers
- Experienced, meticulous, and efficient communicators who have Microsoft Excel fluency
Joining our Professional Councils to Support our Personalized Medicine Cancer Care Programs
- International Physicians Advisory Council
- Surgical Oncology Council
- Medical Oncology Council
- Radiation Oncology Council
- Interventional Oncology Counci
- Anatomic Pathology and Molecular Diagnostics Council
- Scientific Advisory Council
- Biomarkers Council
- Pharmaceutical Advisory Council
- Biotech Council
Joining Our Leadership
- National Board of Advisors: $10,000 per year commitment
- Planned Giving Council--experienced CPAs, trusts and estates attorneys, financial advisors
- Latino Advisory Council
Expanding our Event and Infrastructure Teams
ICAN always needs these significant donations:
- Painters (experienced painters who can use their own equipment)
- Donated Carpet and donated carpet installation
- Registration/Admissions volunteers
- Raffle ticket sellers
- Silent Auction volunteers--experience is required
- Sales processors--experience on Hypercoms and wireless credit card terminals
Expanding our Database Teams
- Database Inputters--fluent in Microsoft Excel or Access
- If local in Phoenix/Scottsdale, inputting business card information
Expanding our Legislative and Grassroots Efforts to Enhance our Patient Services Nationwide
- Seasoned lobbyists to support our lobbying team
- Experienced legislative drafters
- Willing to cover hearings at your State Capitol
- Support grassroots efforts on legislation that ICAN is advocating
Joining our Media Team
- Experienced print or broadcast veterans to enhance our media outreach
Experienced Graphic Designers and Web Developers, working with our ace teams!
- Graphic Designers, fluent in InDesign/Illustrator
- Newsletter editors who have Constant Contact experience
Computer Programers and Mobile App Developers
- MySQL and PHP
ICAN also has a variety of internships available, from clerical support services to marketing to research.
Join our exciting cancer organization!
|High Scool Students
Any questions about our Volunteer Programs? If you need an internship for academic purposes, we would love to have a relationship with your high school, college, graduate program, medical school, nursing school, or medical center. Please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need Community Service hours, we work with municipal and court personnel across the country. Please talk to your probation officer and ask if they will approve your work with ICAN. For community service volunteers, please email us at email@example.com.