Here are some ways you can help!
There are many ways to get involved and contribute your time and energy to ICAN.
The time and talent of our volunteers is our most valuable asset!
Please direct any questions you may have about volunteering to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ICAN is a global volunteer network of more than 1100 volunteers in 30 areas. We rely on major volunteer search engines as well as our own recruiting efforts.
Here are the areas we need support in. Please email us only if you have experience and/or talent in these areas.
You may contact email@example.com to get involved!
Enhancing ICAN Revenues to Support our Patient Programs
- Grant Writing;
- Selling Program Advertisements for our Event Programs (Golf events; Theatre, Tango, Salon Concerts, and Chef Series events);
- Selling Sponsorships and/or Hole Signs for our Golf Tournaments;
- Board Development--recruiting National Board members at $10,000 annual commitment;
- Selling Raffle tickets;
- Joining the leadership of our College and University Campaign.
Expanding our Research Services teams to Support our Patient Programs and Professional Councils
- Web Research Interns (conducting Google Scholar and pubmed.gov) and other searches;
- Excel Spreadsheet veterans, who are fluent in spreadsheets and how to edit them;
- Team Leaders who can manage 5 to 10 volunteers who are researching cancer literature for ICAN;
- Volunteers who can email full articles of journal articles for ICAN;
- Volunteers who can research certain aspects of anticancer drugs;
- Citation experts who can work with our meticulous Director of Citation Review; and/or
- Medical students or retired physicians who can serve as "medical editors" in their particular areas of interest.
Joining our Human Resources Leadership which helps manage hundreds of volunteers
- Experienced, detail-oriented, Type A, and efficient communicators who have Microsoft Excel fluency .
Joining our Professional Councils to Support our Personalized Medicine Cancer Case Navigation Programs
- International Physicians Advisory Council;
- Surgical Oncology Council;
- Medical Oncology Council;
- Radiation Oncology Council;
- Radiology Council;
- Radiogenomics Council;
- Interventional Oncology Council; and/or
- Anatomic Pathology and Molecular Diagnostics Council.
- Scientific Advisory Council;
- Biomarkers Council;
- Pharmaceutical Advisory Council; and/or
- Biotech Council.
Joining Our Leadership
- National Board of Advisors: $10,000 per year commitment;
- Planned Giving Council--experienced CPAs, trusts and estates attorneys, financial advisors;
- Latino Advisory Council.
Expanding our Events and Infrastructure Teams
ICAN always needs these significant in-kind and volunteer service donations:
- Painters (experienced painters who can use their own equipment);
- Donated Carpet and donated carpet installation;
- Registration/Admissions volunteers;
- Raffle ticket sellers;
- Silent Auction volunteers--experience is required; and/or
- Sales processors--experience in Square Register preferred.
Expanding our Clerical and Database Teams
If you have skills in any of the following, we would love to hear from you.
- Data Management Specialist- Updating existing files and fluent in Microsoft Excel, Micorosft Access, or MySQL;
- Database Developer Specialist-- fluent in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, MySQL;
- Microsoft Word Specialist - Update and/or create new documents; and/or
- Business Contact Specialist - If local in Phoenix/Scottsdale, inputting business card information.
Expanding our Legislative and Grassroots Efforts to Enhance our Patient Services Nationwide
- Seasoned lobbyists to support our lobbying team;
- Experienced legislative drafters;
- Willing to cover hearings at your State Capitol; and/or
- Support grassroots efforts on legislation that ICAN is advocating.
Joining our Media Team
- Experienced print or broadcast veterans to enhance our media outreach; and/or
- Print Specialists, Editors, and Proofreaders should be versed in current AP Style, and U.S. English Grammar and Punctuation conventions.
Experienced Graphic Designers and Web Developers, working with our ace teams!
- Graphic Designers, fluent in Adobe InDesign/Illustrator;
- Newsletter editors who are versed in AP Style, English grammar and punctuation, and have experience in Constant Contact or similar email marketing tools.
Computer Programers and Mobile App Developers
- MySQL and PHP.
ICAN also has a variety of internships available, from clerical support services to marketing to research.
Join our exciting cancer organization!
Any questions about our Volunteer Programs? If you need an internship for academic purposes, we would love to have a relationship with your high school, college, graduate program, medical school, nursing school, or medical center. Please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need Community Service hours, we work with municipal and court personnel across the country. Please talk to your probation officer and ask if they will approve your work with ICAN. For community service volunteers, please email us at email@example.com.
Federal Tax I.D.: EIN 86-0818253 | CA Registry of Charitable Trusts: CT0208668 | WA Charities: 37195