Alliance for Safe Biologic Medicines
About the Alliance for Safe Biologic Medicines
The Alliance for Safe Biologic Medicines is an organization composed of diverse healthcare groups and individuals—from patients to physicians, innovative medical biotechnology companies and others who are working together to ensure patient safety is at the forefront of the biosimilars policy discussion. Their membership list and steering committee reflect the wide range of voices within the healthcare community. Their coalition ultimately strives to position itself to be an authoritative resource center of information for the healthcare and policy communities.
News and Items of Interest
Pharmacists and Biosimilars
Understanding Non-Medical Switching: Innovator Biologics and Biosimilars
- What Is Indication Extrapolation and Should It Be Allowed With Biological Medications? (Sept. 2014)
- The Pharma Letter article "US health advocacy groups state case on biosimilars naming policy"
- Inside Health Policy article "Stakeholders Gear Up For Biosimilar Substitution Battle In 2013" that mentions ASBM and quotes Dr. Dolinar
- ASBM Paper on Biosimilar Naming Published in the Food and Drug Law Institute's Policy Forum
- ASBM Statement on Automatic Substitution
- ASBM and ASBM Members Sent Letters to FDA on Naming
- Survey Reveals Key Safety Concern Associated with Biosimilar Naming; Urges Distinct Naming Requirement
Letters supported by ICAN
Web site: www.safebiologics.org
Federal Tax I.D.: EIN 86-0818253 | CA Registry of Charitable Trusts: CT0208668 | WA Charities: 37195