Have you or someone you care about been touched by cancer? You can fight back!
ICAN is seeking to galvanize people in all 50 states for 1) grassroots and lobbying efforts; and/or 2) special events and outreach efforts.
ICAN is involved in grassroots advocacy in all 50 states and in countries abroad.
If you would like to join our effort, please send us a note at ICANGetInvolved@askican.orgspecifying what state or country; what skill set do you have; and what would you like to volunteer on (writing letters to legislators, testifying before state legislatures, calling campaigns, etc.)
Please join ICAN patients and donors in educating clinicians and legislators about the following issues:
- Access to oral therapies;
- Following the BIO principles on prescriber communication with regard to biosimilars;
- Asking about reimbursement for novel therapies in this era of personalized medicine;
- Analyzing national healthcare reform laws;
- Helping with grassroots efforts OR helping lead a grassroots chapter in your state;
- Lobbying state legislative officials or your Congressional delegation on issues affecting cancer treatment and clinical trials;
- Analyzing health disparities and access to care issues in your city or state; and
- Forming a Friends of ICAN chapter in your area.
ICAN has numerous lobbying and legislative projects that can be tailored to your interests, time, and talents.
When you get involved with ICAN, we promise two things:
- We will never waste your time.
- You'll enjoy the camaraderie of fellow ICAN supporters working alongside a top-notch 24/7 staff.
We work closely with partner organizations on legislative, grassroots, and/or public education activities.
Learn more about these organizations and how ICAN works with them.
Federal Tax I.D.: EIN 86-0818253 | CA Registry of Charitable Trusts: CT0208668 | WA Charities: 37195