ICAN at a Glance
ratings on VolunteerMatch and GreatNonprofits!
profiled by Newsweek and Pharmaceutical Executive
International Cancer Advocacy Network is a 501(C)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization providing direct patient navigation for Stage IV cancer cases throughout the United States and in more than 50 countries to date. ICAN is a global network consisting of a small staff and more than 1100 volunteers, the leadership of which spans 17 time zones.
With your generous support, we are working to expand our:
- Personalized Medicine Cancer Case Navigation Programs, which include customized advocacy services for every cancer diagnosis—from the most commonly diagnosed solid tumors and blood cancers to rare presentations of multiple synchronous cancers.
- Health technology initiatives to enhance the research pipeline and deliver improved patient outcomes.
- Lobbying and legislative initiatives on issues such as access to oral anticancer drugs; physician and patient notification for biosimilar drugs; and reimbursement for molecular diagnostics and novel therapeutics.
- Referrals—at the patient's request—to specialists in medical oncology, surgical oncology, radiation oncology, interventional radiology, anesthesiology, internal medicine and additional areas, depending upon the needs of the patient.
- Efforts to enhance patient-physician communication—as well as communications within the medical team—via shared decision-making tools and strategies.
- Research services seeking to expedite clinical trials enrollment and compassionate use requests for drugs available outside the context of clinical trials.
- Specialized advocacy services, working to integrate the patient voice along with the patient advocate voice into the biopharmaceutical industry’s design of protocols for research studies in order to enhance patient participation and retention in clinical trials.
If you would like to fund and name a special program in honor — or in memory — of your loved one; or if you would like to join ICAN’s Leadership Council (only 4 meetings per year), please call us at: