ICAN at a Glance
Five star ratings on VolunteerMatch and GreatNonprofits!
Featured on Cincinatti.com (part of the USA Today Network), Newsweek and Pharmaceutical Executive
International Cancer Advocacy Network is a 501(C)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization providing direct patient navigation for Stage IV cancer cases throughout the United States and in more than 50 countries to date. ICAN is a global network consisting of a small staff and more than 1100 volunteers, the leadership of which spans 17 time zones.
With your generous support, we are working to expand our:
- Personalized Medicine Cancer Case Navigation Programs, which include customized advocacy services for every cancer diagnosis—from the most commonly diagnosed solid tumors and blood cancers to rare presentations of multiple synchronous cancers.
- Health technology initiatives to enhance the research pipeline and deliver improved patient outcomes.
- Lobbying and legislative initiatives on issues such as access to oral anticancer drugs; physician and patient notification for biosimilar drugs; and reimbursement for molecular diagnostics and novel therapeutics.
- Referrals—at the patient's request—to specialists in medical oncology, surgical oncology, radiation oncology, interventional radiology, anesthesiology, internal medicine and additional areas, depending upon the needs of the patient.
- Efforts to enhance patient-physician communication—as well as communications within the medical team—via shared decision-making tools and strategies.
- Research services seeking to expedite clinical trials enrollment and compassionate use requests for drugs available outside the context of clinical trials.
- Specialized advocacy services, working to integrate the patient voice along with the patient advocate voice into the biopharmaceutical industry’s design of protocols for research studies in order to enhance patient participation and retention in clinical trials.
If you would like to fund and name a special program in honor — or in memory — of your loved one; or if you would like to join ICAN’s Leadership Council (only 4 meetings per year), please call us at:
Federal Tax I.D.: EIN 86-0818253 | CA Registry of Charitable Trusts: CT0208668 | WA Charities: 37195
This website provides information about ICAN's Personalized Medicine Cancer Case Navigation Programs, while it also describes ICAN's multi-faceted mission, unique vision, and respected values. Intended for use by the general public. This site also offers more in-depth information for target populations who may benefit from ICAN's Program Services such as ICAN patients, their caregivers and medical teams — along with those healthcare professionals and researchers who are involved with ICAN's medical and scientific councils.
The health news displayed on this site are chosen by our team of M.D.s, PhDs, and ICAN's President and CEO, who is an Affiliate Member of ASCO, Read more...
Information contained herein is therefore not intended to substitute for or supersede any advice that a patient receives from his/her health professional and is not intended to compromise in any way the patient-physician relationship. ICAN strongly believes that all medical decisions need to be made, via shared decision-making, by the patient and his/her medical team.